Tips to Improve Search Engine Ranking of a E-commerce Website
Every website owner, nowadays, knows the benefit of having a high ranking of their business website on different search engines on typing relevant and appropriate keywords. This helps them to gain popularity, which not only benefits the website but also their business in terms of sales and profit. Continuing the discussion, this article covers proven tips to do an effective search engine optimization to have a successful web development company and more business. Let’s take a look.
1. Set relevant keywords in the URL of your eCommerce website. Keywords in the URL play a vital role to rank the website on the first page of a search engine. It is, therefore, important to place a fair amount of weight on the terms and keywords used in the URL. Also, make sure those keywords also appear on your page. Sometimes it is not possible to have a control on the domain name of your site, but the name of your page is completely in your hand.
2. You can succeed in optimizing your website only when your customers have confidence in your brand. An easy to remember domain name is the first step towards building a brand. People can easily remember your domain name for a long even after they have finished checking out your website when your domain name is short, crisp, and easy to understand.
3. Anchor text or call to action links are essential to put on your webpage. Using the words "click here" is too generic, however, will not going to help in enhancing your search engine rankings. It is, therefore, important to use keywords in your anchor text so that they can grab the attention of the crawlers on your website.
4. To do the best SEO for the long haul of your eCommerce website, you need to achieve the positive results. Search engine algorithms change constantly which signifies that what you have done on the first day to rank your website may not be appropriate for the next day. So, you need to keep yourself updated with the search engine updates and prepare yourself with different tactics so that you can resolve every issue without fail.
5. Keep posting blogs on your website in order to enhance the ranks of your eCommerce website on a search engine. Informative blogs help you get more visitors on your website.
6. Review your product line on quick intervals and take some time to remove the extra stuff in order to make the product list more appropriate especially when you start to grow. If you are doing appropriate changes on your sites you will get timely subscription or commissions.
7. Make the navigation of your website easy. When the navigation of the website is easy, it will help you build more and more audience easily, and therefore, the better will be the chances of your website to rank in search engine. Have a clean website with simple text links instead of using drop-down menus or images.
8. Choose a readable and plain font for your website. Choose only a selected set of keywords instead of uploading a long list. Search engines easily recognize the keyword stuffing and consider it as a black hat SEO and downgrade the importance of each keyword in the list.
9. After choosing best and relevant keywords, get your website listed in the best directories. Listing a website in different directories don’t require any fees. It's believed that if you get listed in the best directories, your business website highly ranked in the search engines.
As discussed earlier in the article, search engine optimization is one of the proven methods of drawing traffic to your eCommerce website. In doing search engine optimization, keywords play a big role to show up your website as a top result in search engines. By following the points mentioned in this blog, your site will see significant improvement in terms of visibility and traffic.